APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED! We're growing at such a rapid pace, we need some more SuperCool friendly faces to join our team! We're hoping you're just the right person for us.
We're about to open a 2nd permanent shop (location to be revealed next week!) and we're looking for the below...
4-5 Retail Staff for Melbourne Metro Shop Locations
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We're looking for a mix of people and positions; we're after mainly casual workers with the ability to do a minimum of 2 shifts a week with a maximum of 5 shifts a week for those who might move to a part time or full time position down the track.
You might be studying and want some extra work to compliment your course or you're a Mum looking for a creative outlet, or a full timer looking for a career in retail. You can be a male or female, we're just after SuperCool people!
If you answer yes to most of the below... PLEASE apply!
1. Do you think you're SuperCool material?
(As in you love our brand and concept, you're always on the hunt for the latest and coolest stuff around, people comment on your SuperCool style and you're a fun, interesting and unique person to be around and you think you're the missing piece to our puzzle!)
2. Do you have Retail Swag?
(Do you have the ability to chat genuinely and make connections with customers, multi task and serve customers as well as complete a list of to do items? Do you enjoy introducing customers to unique products and giving them the backstory? Do you love the challenge of meeting budgets and working in unique retail environments? Can you follow brand procedures, be organised and clean in your retail approach? Do you understand basic computer skills - our business runs on a Mac point of sale program of which we provide training but an understanding of basic computer skills is needed!)
3. Do you have Creative Bones?
(Do you have a creative side where you are studying, interested in or wanting to pursue a career in Visual Merchandising, Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design & Decoration, Interior Decoration, PR, Branding, Marketing, Fashion etc? Do you want to use Retail as a platform to furthering this career choice or hobby?)
4. Do you want to work with and for SuperCool people?
(Do you want to be inspired by the product and people around you? Do you want to be rewarded for your hard work with SuperCool $$ to spend instore? Do you want to work for a brand that is growing rapidly and has new mobile and permanent locations frequently? Are you open to change and a dynamic environment? Do you want to contribute by sharing your past experiences in retail and creatively with a business that is growing and appreciates feedback?)
5. Do you have good life skills?
(Do you pride yourself on exceeding expectations, have an entrepreneurial spirit, think creatively, are open to travelling within metropolitan Melbourne to our various Shop locations and use your initiative?)
6. Extra Skills that are good to have but not essential
(An awareness of the impact of pinterest and instagram for customers and brands to share their creativity on these social media platforms, previous retail experience in homewares, fashion, accessories or stationery shops.)
SUPERCOOL SURVEY QU'S (FOR YOUR APPLICATION)
1. Describe your favourite retail shops and why you love them? (in Melbourne, Australia or Internationally)
2. Note down a few of your fave magazines, blogs and pinterest pages (copy and paste where relevant) to indicate what you're interested in?
3. What's a random fact about yourself that we might think is useful, funny or absurd?
4. What's your favourite type of food?
5. Where would you most like to visit in the world?
HOW TO APPLY?
Email us at thesupercoolproject (at) gmail.com with your;
a. Up to date Resume
b. A Low Res head shot photo of yourself (a casual picture, just so we can associate your face with your application - we're not looking for models!)
c. Answer our SuperCool Survey questions in your email (see above)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
1. We'll contact you within a month of receiving your application for a time to meet up and chat or explain that you were unsuccessful. Either way, we won't leave you hanging!
2. If successful, you'll do some training with us and then you'll begin working with us in July/August.