We're looking for SuperCool staff to join our team! If you answer yes to most of the below… PLEASE apply! Applications have been extended due to some new special projects we've locked in. So they now close Sat 11 October 2014!
1. Do you think you’re SuperCool material?
(As in you love our brand and concept, you’re always on the hunt for the latest and coolest stuff around, people comment on your SuperCool style and you’re a fun, interesting and unique person to be around and you think you’re the missing piece to our puzzle!)
2. Do you have Retail Swag?
(Do you have the ability to chat genuinely and make connections with customers, multi task and serve customers as well as complete a list of to do items? Do you enjoy introducing customers to unique products and giving them the backstory? Do you love the challenge of meeting budgets and working in unique retail environments? Can you follow brand procedures, be organised and clean in your retail approach? Do you understand basic computer skills – our business runs on a Mac point of sale program of which we provide training but an understanding of basic computer skills is needed!)
3. Do you want to work with and for SuperCool people?
(Do you want to be inspired by the product and people around you? Do you want to be rewarded for your hard work with SuperCool $$ to spend instore? Do you want to work for a brand that is growing rapidly and has new mobile and permanent locations frequently? Are you open to change and a dynamic environment? Do you want to contribute by sharing your past experiences in retail and creatively with a business that is growing and appreciates feedback?)
4. Do you have good life skills?
(Do you pride yourself on exceeding expectations, have an entrepreneurial spirit, think creatively, are open to travelling within metropolitan Melbourne to our various Shop locations and use your initiative?)
5. Extra Skills that are good to have but not essential
(An awareness of the impact of pinterest and instagram for customers and brands to share their creativity on these social media platforms, previous retail experience in homewares, fashion, accessories or stationery shops.)
SUPERCOOL SURVEY QU’S (FOR YOUR APPLICATION)
1. Describe your favourite retail shops and why you love them? (in Melbourne, Australia or Internationally)
2. Note down a few of your fave magazines, blogs and pinterest pages (copy and paste where relevant) to indicate what you’re interested in?
3. What’s a random fact about yourself that we might think is useful, funny or absurd?
4. What’s your favourite type of food?
5. Where would you most like to visit in the world?
HOW TO APPLY?
Email us at hey (at) thesupercool.com with your;
a. Up to date Resume
b. A Low Res head shot photo of yourself (a casual picture, just so we can associate your face with your application – we’re not looking for models!)
c. Answer our SuperCool Survey questions in your email (see above)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
1. We’ll contact you within a couple of weeks of receiving your application for a time to meet up and chat or explain that you were unsuccessful. Either way, we won’t leave you hanging!
2. If successful, you’ll do a trial in store and pending